Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Killing Of Three Egyptian Policemen By Gunmen In Cairo


Three Egyptian policemen were killed and five others wounded in an attack by unidentified gunmen on a convoy near the main circular road in the vicinity of Cairo, according to an Interior Ministry statement said early Tuesday.


The ministry said that "at around 11.45 pm on Monday armed elements riding two cars approached the security to say mobile while passing in the field of Mohamed Zaki road with Oasis Ptqatah Ring Road (...) and fire on the troops Badlthm gunfire ".

She noted that the attack resulted in the killing of Nguiban and the Secretary of the police, and wounding five policemen were injured, confirmed that the security forces are to follow the cars "to work to catch the culprits."

No one has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

North Sinai is a stronghold of armed Islamist militants targeting security forces and the army continuously since the overthrow of the Islamic President Mohamed Morsi in July 2013.

On the tenth of April, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Sisi declared a state of emergency in the country for a period of three months, after two attacks Tbnahma the organization of the Islamic state against two churches and which left 44 people dead.

No comments: